Saturday, January 30, 2010

Some Girls are Weird

Posted by George Sand.

I was hanging out with a group of friends (future roommates, actually), and one of them, a little eighteen year old girl, was very forward and brazen. I had only met her once before -- and she did the same thing then -- where she tickled me every once in a while for no reason. In case you're thinking it's because she likes me, she doesn't; she seems to do this to everyone she meets, and no more to me than to anyone else. Not only that, she also did this thing where she puts her hand in the shape of a karate chop, and hits me in the chest with the tips of her fingers. Apparently, physically irritating people is just her thing, and if you can get used to it, I can see how it's kinda cute in its own way. However, when I touched her in any way, she hit me. Hard. I find this interesting because there's nothing I did to her that was any more invasive or violating than what she did to me several times, not by a long shot. And again, it's not just me: practically no one is allowed to do to her what she allows herself to do to others. I think it's remarkable the double standard that exists here (not surprising, but remarkable). Personal space doesn't mean you can say no whenever you want but deny everyone else the same right. If you're going to grab people's body parts, it's only fair to expect some return treatment.

As a side note, when I asked her how she would like it if I sneaked up on her and tweaked her nipple, she said, "Guys don't try that because they're afraid of getting sued or something." Strange that you would recognize that and not curb your behavior in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment