Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just Five More Minutes

Posted by Snorlax.

Suppose you wake up early, earlier than you have to or even should, awoken by anything or nothing. You know you could get up, but you know there's no reason to and there's nothing urgent you have to do in the extra time you have between when you get up and when you thought you would be getting up when you went to bed the night before. Think of the feeling you get, the cold of winter is looming, but you've been investing body heat into your bed all night, and now it's warm, inviting, and oh so comfortable. You're awake, conscious, thinking, but your eyes aren't quite open yet. You could get up, but it's at least as appealing to stay in bed, and of course while you're deciding, you're still in bed anyway.

What do you do?

I keep resting. I pretend that I'm still asleep, and use the time to relax, and I mean really relax, and think to myself. When I really can't stand to be in bed any longer, that's when I get up. It's a pretty fantastic way to start the day, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment