Monday, February 8, 2010

Ping Pong Ball in the Shower

Posted by Theodore Donald Kerabatsos

There has been a ping pong ball in the shower rack at my house for the past couple of months. The soaps have changed, shampoos replaced, razors appearing and disappearing, but that bottom rack is always reserved for the ping pong ball.
I have no idea why it's there. I really don't want to know. When I moved back in it was not there. Then, one shower, as the shampoo foam rinsed from my face I opened my eyes to see a plastic sandwich bag, a red rubber band, and the ping pong ball inside. Wet.
Since then the bag and band have been removed. I'm guessing the woman my family pays to clean our house took them. I hope she didn't take them for herself, but to throw out. Who knows? She's a bit weird. Point is, she left the ball.
There it sits. Getting wet and dry and wet again. I paused to ponder the thing today. I even touched it. I'm wishing I hadn't. I feel like I shouldn't have.
Why a ping pong ball?
Why the shower?
Why still there?
Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment